Journal of Irish Families
Box 7575 Dept. HPA
Kansas City, MO
Irish Song & Recitations Broadcast
New Irish Language Song, Sean Nós group
We have singers who specialize in Sean Nós Song,
as well Irish Ballads in the English Language.
Check out our band page on Reverbnation
by clicking the picture on the left !
Our 'band' name is set up as 'Sean Nós Abu'
Sean Nós is 'old style'. Abu is a war cry !
Become a 'Fan' on the web page. It's Free and helps us!
Hedge School Chat and Sing Sessions
My annual Song festival is open to beginner and expert. We do appreciate your contribution. If you can’t make it to the café sessions - you can phone or Skype it in!
From Sean Nos to Tin Pan Alley
Irish and English Language
Traditional Irish Song & Story
Each year we have different songs we focus on, but all categories are considered. Peter Adams gave us many a ballad in season 1. I have continued on with Sean Nos and more. The real story is you - the grass roots of Irish song, keep 'em coming. I also have a companion book for Season 1 & 2, with lyrics, music and history.
Come sing your song, recite or listen in. Our Facebook Song page: Click Here
Click Here for more on our Hedge School Irish Song Sessions
..and a big thank you to all of our members ! -Mike O'L
All Irish Song podcasts are Free! - Season 3
1. Season 3 - Irish Song and Recitation
2. Sadhbh Ni Bhruinneallaigh - Mayo Boatmans love
3. The Leaving of Limerick with Peneleapai
4. An raibh tu ar a gCarraig Will You Meet Me at the Rock
5. Skibereen, the Song, Famine and Immigration
6. Red is the Rose: Song and Interview
7. The Mad Puck Goat (An Poc Ar Buile)
8. Oro, Se do Bheatha 'Bhaile by Maria
9. Dilin O Deamhas by Harpin' Hank
11. Over The Mountain, Irish Code Words!
12. Mo Ghile Mear; Sessions in Ireland
13.Roisin Dubh; Loss of love, life, culture
14.In Old Ballymoe, Roscommon; Irish Song Cruise
Irish Song & Recitations - Seasons 1 & 2
| 1. Irish Song, Story and Recitation Festival |
2. Dear Little Shamrock History & Song
3. Danny Boy, The Blind O'Cahan Harper, History & Song
4. Kerry Dancing, Pub Recitations, Beaufort
5. Slievenamon History and Song Co. Tipperary
6. When Irish Eyes are Smiling Song & History
7. Endearing Young Charms by Thomas Moore
8. Connie Dover Siuila Run Song (Walk My Love)
9. An Spailpin Fanach & Rattlesnake Fritters
10. Where the River Shannon Flows: Protest
| 11. Macushla Michael Collins Frank Patterson |
12. That's an Irish Lullaby, Sing & Chat
13. A Nation Once Again; A Soldiers Song; Irish Anthems
14. Una Bhan; MacDermott, Costello, Fair Una
15. We are the music makers - Season 2
16. Spailpin Fanach, Irish, English, American
17. Molly Malone, O'Carolan, O'Keane Lament
18. West Clare Recitation by Michael Collier
19. Irish Dance in America, History
20. Sean Nos, Irish Dancing, Set Music
21. Irish Uilleann Pipes, Pubs, Ethnomusicology
Listen to all six Free Shows.
(1) Irish Family History
(2) Irish Song & Recitation
(3) Irish in America
(4) Irish Video Shorts
(5) Hedge School History of Ireland
(6) Irish Language - Hello Fada
New to Podcasting? A podcast is much like an audio magazine subscription: you can receive regular audio programs delivered via the internet, and listen to them at your leisure on your computer, your iPod, or any mp3 player. You can find some popular podcast software here:
To add our Podcast feeds to your podcast software, use these URLs: http://www.irishroots.com/podcast/rss.xml and http://www.irishroots.com/podcast2/rss.xml and http://www.irishroots.com/podcast3/rss.xml