Hello Fada - Before You Take an Irish Class
Want a relaxed, fun way to learn about Irish Language ? Listen to one of our free Hedge School sessions and you’ll be hooked! No language experience required. Year 1 session leader, Renata, answers my questions after her Hedge School class is dismissed, and we are all the better for it. Leave your questions at 816-256-3360
notes for the curious about the Irish Language
Counting; Greetings; Mac and O;
Sing the Anthem; Q & A ; Basic Words
'Hello Fada' is not a song you learn at camp (like Hello Mudda, Hello Fadda'). The 'Fada' is the ancient accent mark that shows up as an apostrophe in so many Irish 'O' names like O'Brien, etc..
Click here for more about Renata and Language.
...and a big thank you to all of our members! -Mike O'L
All Hello Fada Season 1 podcasts are Free!
1. Announcing Hello Fada our new podcast series
2. Meet Your Hedge Session Leader
3. Sl a'inte: Celebratory Greetings ! Fada ?
4. What's your name My Name I am
5. Three ways to say How are you
6. I am fine, not bad.
7. Where are you from? I am from. . .
8. Oro Se.... A simple tune in Irish
9. Counting up
10. Irish First Names and Spellings
11. Notes on the Irish Language
12. Sing the Irish National Anthem
13. Irish or Gaelic Language Questions
14. by Mac and O you'll always know
15. Bad Words in Irish?
16. The ancient Fada Our apostrophe
17. Ogham The First Irish Alphabet, Runes
Our Irish Language Song, Sean Nós group
We have singers who specialize in Sean Nós Song,
as well Irish Ballads in the English Language.
Check out our band page on Reverbnation
by clicking the picture on the left !
Our 'band' name is set up as 'Sean Nós Abu'
Sean Nós means 'old style'. Abu is a war cry !
Listen to hedge school songs for free.