Kansas City Irish shows www.Irishroots.com
Mike O’Laughlin at the Irish Roots Cafe
Irish Roots Cafe Free Videos Now Uploaded
One of our projects for 2015 is to upload 100
of our 300 recordings to YouTube. We have added all 3 of
our traditional Irish song albums, and now have the
20 KC Irish History shows uploaded for the first time.
A few of the episodes were recorded by phone, and it
took a few shows to understand the art of recording
interviews. All in all, it is the first ethnic
compilation of its kind for Kansas City, and the
interviews may hold a few surprises for you.
More to come
We will continue to add to our Genealogy videos on
YouTube, as well as song and recitation. We have a
few selections I recorded on Savannah, Georgia and
on the Irish Wilderness settlement ready to go.
Below is a link to the Kansas City Irish Shows now
The History of the Irish in Kansas City, all 20 shows uploaded for you.
click below for this series on YouTube
1) Kansas City Irish History. Founding Fathers
2) Mike Burke, Early KC, Pendergas prosecution, Canada to KC
3) With Kerry Browne and Brownes Browne’s Irish Marketplace
4) Chuck Haddix, Marr Sound Archives, politics, Ozarks, Fish Fry…
5) Scartaglen, Dave Brown, 80’s music revival
6) Walsh, Pendergas era, Dancers, Picnics, Families
7) O’Malley, Nelly Don, The Mob, Donegal lawsuit
8) The 1980’s, Harlings, Hibernians, The St.Patricks Parade
9) Liverpool Irish to KC, Heritage and Religion, comparisons
10) Peter Adams the Kansas side and more….
11) Pat O’Neill, Fr. Donnelly, Kansas City Irish Fest, Bottoms Up.
12) Pete Maher, KC Irish Newspapers, founder and editor
13) The Lone Piper, Joseph ‘Jodi’ Watson
14) First Dance Group, 80’s McNally, Clanna Eireann Celtic Dancers
15) Sheehan’s Irish Imports Peggy Sheehan, German neighbors, famine
16) Mahoney of Cork, Dancers
17) Marrying Irish, red hair, kilts, business
18) The Irish Center of Kansas City, activities, 1984…2007
19) History, Parades, Legend
All shows recorded by Mike O’Laughlin at the Irish Roots Cafe with www.Irishroots.com