Irish Song and Music Notes
From the Irish Roots Cafe at www.Irishroots.com
With Your Host Mike O’Laughlin
Todays News, Notes, and Updates
1) Irish Music Masters Workshop on November 6.
Come to begin or expand your skills !
(Admission includes two sessions of your choice
on any of the above. You can pick one morning/one afternoon if you like ! )
Irish Music Masters Workshop
Back by popular demand!
Saturday, November 6, 10 a.m.-4:30 p.m. – Come learn the basics, or take your skills to the next level. Featured instruments include the Irish bodhran, tinwhistle/flute and fiddle, as well as Irish singing. Workshop ends with performances by instructors Turlach Boylan, Connie Dover, Doug Goodhart and Christa Kelly Scott.
Location: Kansas City, Missouri, Irish Center
All programs will be held at The Irish Center, located on the lower level of Union Station. For further information about these programs and other classes and activities at The Irish Center, visit www.irishmuseum.org.
2) Irish Song Fest now being broadcast.
List of songs and artists, possible new entries.
Three songs broadcast to date. (see below).
Song Fest Update:
Sean Nós old style Irish Song fest – update:
Top 10 Sean Nós Finalists
We have 6 songs in Irish/3 in English/1 instrumental.
From Ireland; Connecticut; Arkansas; Missouri; and
Kansas, with some interesting interpretations.
Completed and available on our web page:
* opening show: ‘Sadhbh Ni Bhruinneallaigh’ (Mike)
1) Peneleapaí with ‘The Leaving of Limerick’.
2) Renata with ‘Were You At the Rock”
(An Raibh Tú ar a gCarraig )
3) Skibereen (Mike)
Still to come:
4) Karen with ‘Red is the Rose’ w/bodhran (next up !)
5) Liza with instrumental ‘An Poc Ar Buile’ (the Mad Puck Goat)
6) Mike with ‘The Old Claddagh Ring’ (Joe Heaney style)
7) Mike with ‘Roisin Dubh’ (in Irish – Joe Heaney style)
8) Harpin’ Hank Hogan with ‘Dilan O’ Deamhas’ (as Gaeilge)
9) Peneleapaí with ‘Mo Ghile Mear’ (as Gaeilge / in Irish).
10) Renata with “Ar Bruacha na Laoí”
11) ‘Sadhbh Ni Bhruinneallaigh’ ( Open Group Finale )
Two new additional entries are pending on approval.
3) Irish Song sessions forming for Fall. (contact me)
My home page on Sean Nós Song:
Facebook event page for this Song festival:
Join up on our Sean Nós fan page on Facebook:
Listen to the complete ‘Irish Song’ broadcast series here:
Hope you’ll be singing or listening in, to season 3,
on the Irish Song and Recitation Festival !
The Irish Roots Cafe has 7 Broadcast series, including :
The History of Ireland
Irish in America
Irish Video Shorts
Irish Song and recitation
Irish Family History and genealogy
Irish Family History photo enhanced with links.
All available on the iTunes Irish provider page (click below):
You can reach the Irish Roots Cafe on Twitter; Facebook;
www.IrishRoots.com; and by mail at our U.S. location:
The Irish Roots Cafe
Kansas City, Missouri 64116
Leave a message on our Phone (816) 256-3360
Remember to keep the hedge growing –
with your donation, subscription or membership.
– Thank you.
You can reach us for speaking engagements,
exhibits, and educational events. Since 1984.
©2010 IGF, This information is intended
for personal non-commercial use only.
Please apply for any other usage in writing.