Journal of Irish Families
Box 7575 Dept. HPA
Kansas City, MO
Irish Roots Cafe & Hedge School
The Irish Roots Cafe- Where every day is a holiday!
Irish Trad House Band;
Books; Blogs; Podcasts
From Mike O'Laughlin, the worlds most published author in the field* Your One of a Kind source,
since 1978 for:
(1) Genealogy books on each Irish County.
(2) Worlds 1st 'Irish Genealogy' broadcast.
(3) Traditional 'Sean Nůs' Irish Song group
(4) Video Shorts Here, & on YouTube
Members, Irish Fests, 1 to 1 Sessions
(1) Your membership is our main form of support & gives you access to over 100 member only podcasts, and all services. When you join, you keep us afloat ! We also have a choice of freebies for full and gold members. Click Here to Learn More About Membership
(2)Festivals; Workshops, Presentations: We can offer you our Traveling Library; Displays and Consultations for festival patrons; and Song; History and Genealogy presentations. We can also sing Sean Nůs in Irish, and perform traditional Irish songs at your request! ( We share all we can). It's a special party for both of us! click here for more!
(3) Podcasts: We can record one of our special Broadcasts at your next Special Event, as an added attraction for the crowd. We can conduct interviews as well, and furnish you with a copy of the show recorded on that day. Great for a celebration or family reunion...
Irish Hedge School
Our Irish Hedge school is now permanently located here on Irishroots.com. To find out more about these types of schools in Irish history, listen to our History of Ireland podcasts. To Go to our Hedge school pages click here!
The 'Irish Hedge School' also publishes a 6 disc set for students.
For full CD list and description click here! .....
Hedge School CD FREE, with full or gold membership !
Just email your choice to me - before your order ships.
Our New Irish Hedge School Page links for You:
Irish Hedge School
News & Social Media
New Irish CD's & DVD's
History of Ireland
Irish Language gaeilge
Irish in America
Irish Sean Nos Song
Missouri Irish History
My O'Laughlin Genealogy
My Donahue Genealogy
About Hedge School
Coats of Arms
New Irish Language Song, Sean Nůs group
We have singers who specialize in Sean Nůs Song,
as well Irish Ballads in the English Language.
Check out our band page on Reverbnation
by clicking the picture on the left !
Our 'band' name is set up as 'Sean Nůs Abu'
Sean Nůs is 'old style'. Abu is a war cry !
Our songs in Irish and English are here.
Irish Genealogy and History Books
Irish Genealogy Books: The Irish Families Project: Our 34 book set, the first of its kind, is now complete with a family history book on every Irish county. County Maps are now in full color for 12 of the 32 counties in Ireland and N. Ireland. See all of our books here
Rare books. From 'Keatings History of Ireland'; to the 'Annals of Ireland by the 4 Masters '; the " Plantation in Ulster;". . We publish the top genealogy/ history authors from the 1800's.
New Works:Like my books on the heritage of the Irish in 'Missouri'; and 'California'; and 'Irish coats of arms'; plus Irish name studies. Meet the 10 authors we publish
Click on 'Books we publish' in the left hand column of this page for my full list of books.
Free Search box above to find names, places, or events in books !
7 Broadcast Channels 300 episodes, with a monthly audience of 100,000 +. See our official iTunes Provider Page
See the entire selection for each of our broadcasts:
(1) Irish Family History and Irish Genealogy
(2) Irish Family History and Genealogy, photo enhanced
(3) History of the Irish in America;
(4) Irish History Lessons
(5) Irish language for beginners.
(6) Irish Song and Recitation
(7) Irish Video Shorts on YouTube
Click on the titles in the green players on the right of this page to listen too!
Blog, Reviews, Shownotes
The Irish Roots Cafe Blog covers Irish genealogy, and our other podcast topics, (History, Language, Irish America, Song, News and Notes, Books and Videos).
Send review copies to: Irish Roots Cafe, Box 7575, Kansas City, MO 64116
How to Contact Mike
To Contact me directly click here
Social Media Links:
Find me on Twitter click here
Find my YouTube Videos click here
Find my Traditional Irish Song FB page click here
Find my Podcast Provider Page on iTunes click here
Connect to me on Skype, my handle is: mickthebridge
Find my hedge school page on FB click here
Find me on google plus click here
Our Mobile Web Site click here
*The most published author in his field. Mike is a one of a kind resource. He has authored 12 hardbound books; 34 Irish genealogy county books, 20 CD's/videos, 300 podcasts, 7 broadcast series', and over 1,000+ articles. O'Laughlin also publishes rare works like 'The Annals of Ireland by the Four Masters'; and 'Missouri Irish' (60 works in all, since 1978). Mike sings in Irish Sean Nůs style, ranking #1 in the U.S. as a celtic artist on Reverbnation in 2012.
Irish Roots Mike descends from O’Loughlin of Kilfenora, County Clare, and ODonahue of Glenflesk, County Kerry, with Sullivan, Buckley, Kilmartin, Llewellyn and Kelliher roots. His Irish tours and import catalogue began in the 80's. He uses his 3,000 volume library daily.
A R&R drummer in the 1960’s, he started a printing company in high school. As a Rockhurst University grad in the 70s, he wrote “The Complete Book for Tracing Your Irish Ancestors”, in 1980. This led to Irishroots.com.
Appearances: National Public Radio & television; Irish hedge school seminars; Grand Marshall and judge in St. Patricks Day parades; Dublin Irish Festival for 13 years; and as a founding member of Irish cultural, bagpipe, and dance groups. more... as an author.
- Favorite activities: Baseball, Raquetball, Canoeing, and Walking.
- Current interests: Origins of Language; The American West; DNA. Sean Nůs Song
- Favorite board game: ‘Scrabble’
- Favorite place to be: ‘On the Beach’.
- First computer: TRS 80 from Radio Shack, way back when.
- Would fix it if he could: the School System in Kansas City.
- Best Movie: ‘Ben Hur’, without a doubt.
- Favorite Irish Festival: Dublin, Ohio.
- Favorite Food Before Heart Attack: BBQ & French Fries
- Favorite Food Post Heart Attack: Turkey burgers and Broccoli (right!)
Bard to Irish Families
What the Press has said:
Come see us next at:
- A Hallmark in the Field of Irish Studies - Irish Books and Media
- "Extends coverage to all who call Ireland home" - Dallas News, TX
- Major source book for Irish families - South Bend Tribune, IN
- American's greatest compiler of Irish history - The Herald, NJ
- O'Laughlin has finally done it - Pensacola News Journal, FL
- One of the top authorities in Irish heritage - AFRA Today
- New hallmark in Irish family history - Alexandria Daily, LA
- Never before have so many Irish family names, locations, and sources in one place
- - Commercial News, Danville, IL
- Michael O’Loughlin, mentioned above, also runs a fantastic website...
- ; - July 08 / Irish America Magazine
- * Michael is the worlds leading expert in Irish Roots..-IrishCentral.com online. 2011.
1) The Savannah (Georgia) Genealogical Society Banquet, April 26, 2008. Thanks !
2) National Genealogical Soc. Conference. K.C., MO. May 14 - 16, 2008. Thanks !
3) The Kansas City Literary Festival on the Plaza. May 17, 2008. Thanks !
4) Brownes Deli 121st anniversary, oldest Irish business in America, June 28, 2008. Thanks !
6) National Archives at Kansas City. Grand Opening podcast. May 23, 2009. 10:00-1:00
7) Dublin, Ohio, Irish Fest, consult/exhibit. Genealogy & Sean Nůs Song Tent. Aug. 2011
8) K.C. Royals Stadium: Halfway to St. Pats pre-game exhibit, 4:30-6:30, Sept 17, 2011
9) Dublin, Ohio Irish Fest Aug 3 - 5, 2012. Irish Genealogy tent. Sean Nůs tent.
10) Louisville, KY, Irish Fest Sept. 28-30, 2012. Old style song at the ceili
10b) Crossroads Coffeehouse, K.C., MO. 3/1/13
11) St. Andrews Church, Gladstone, MO. 3/2/13
12) Brownes Irish Marketplace, K.C., MO 3/09/13
13) Louisburg, Kansas, (band) Immaculate Conception fundraiser 3/10/13
14) The Celtic Ranch, Weston, Missouri, band 3/16/13
15) Irish Language house band; Granada Theater, Lawrence Kansas 3/23/13